Friday, August 29, 2008

We are BLESSED!!!!!


We are so Blessed, our little Taylor is one of the strongest little 10 year olds that I know! Ron and I spent the day at the hospital, both of us not being able to concentrate at work. We felt like we were needed at the hospital close to Taylor. This little sweet angel is ventilator free, nasal gastric tube free, awake and talking! The Doctors at Primaries is in awww at this little girl they have no explanation of why she is doing so well. We arrived at the hospital around noon. We were able to go right in to see her, her nurse for the day Beau, had just turned off the medication that was keeping her deep sedated and was turning on a Morphine drip. We sat with her until she woke up which was only around ten minutes. I was holding her hand and her eyes opened wide and she looked and me and smiled. She knew where she was and why she was there and was in no pain. The first thing she did was kicked off the blankets on her feet. Ever since she was a new born baby she has hated blankets and always kicked them off so I was not surprised by this at all. She went through all of today mostly awake, communicating on her dry erase board because she was unable to talk with the ventilator still intact. She started to breathe on her own around 1 pm and around 6:30 pm the ventilator was completely removed. The air pockets around her esophagus that they had seen this morning have disappeared. When they did a scan around 5 pm there was no sign of a tear there. Her labs have stayed normal all day so no active bleeding at this time. I told Ron that I could have not done what she is doing. If I woke up on a vent I would asked to be sedated. Not Tay she decided to watch a movie and be with her family! So the pic of her is before she woke up and I was so excited when they took the tube out that I forgot to take a pic but I'll get one tomorrow. We are hoping that tomorrow morning she will be moved out of ICU and onto the floor and then be home in a couple of days! YAY!!!! Thanks for all your prayers I think we have witnessed a miracle.

2 comments:

Wyatt and Nikki said...

I'm so gald she is making progress!! Me and wyatt have been weriod sick!! I even ended up crying all day at work on Friday...I was just so worried!! Tell her we love her and we'll see her when she get's home...

Rikki said...

((HUGS)) to you and your family!!! I am so sorry. Happy to hear that she is doing well though!!
Rikki